BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 20 May 2009

Self-portrait experimentation


Mirrors + lovely sunlight/daylight = interesting self-portraits
I took many self-portraits using a mirror resting on a chair with the light source in various places - these are 2 of my favourites. As is the one I have used for my profile page.
I have over the course of my life taken many, many self-portraits so am quite practiced in the art. It is indeed an art, one I am still experimenting in. The key is to make sure your arm (the good ol' arm stretch) is not in the photo and that your neck is not strained in funny uncomfortable looking ways.
I try to take unusual self-portraits, they don't always turn out. I think it is important to know how to photograph oneself just as much as it is important to know how to compose a photograph in other settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment